There will be a photography challenge on Instagram starting Sept. 1st through the 30th. Want to play?
The big idea is to shoot photos throughout the whole month. Each day will have a singular theme for the photo and you can upload them on Instagram with the hashtag #30DayPhoto2014 so everyone playing can share and find others who are doing the same.
Below is a calendar for September with the theme for each day. You can take these words literally or use them as a muse. Stage shots, find them, or even make them (drawing, painting, collaging, etc.). You just have to be able to take a picture of your aesthetic representation of the theme. If you cannot post for that day, skip it, and move onto the next day’s word. (Try not to post on the wrong days with the wrong theme.)
View and Download the Calendar
iPad Air, iPad 4, iPad 3, iPad mini with Retina display (iOS 7+):
iPad 2, original iPad mini
Various Monitor Sizes
- If you get stuck on a word try using Google images, Pinterest, or a thesaurus
- Use the calendar as a computer wallpaper to help keep you on track
- Try downloading a new camera app! My favs include Camera+ (http://campl.us/) and Tadaa (https://www.tadaa.net/)
- Try downloading a new Instagram app for iPad. My fav is Padgram (http://www.padgram.com/)
- Contact me if you have questions!
How to Join
- On August 27th (5 days before the start) I’ll post a #30DayPhoto2014 photo to my Instagram account @thethumbprint. If you comment on it, I’ll follow you and make sure you also follow the others who are playing too!
- Or… use #30DayPhoto2014 in your themed Instagram photos and I’ll add you throughout the month
- Or… fill out this form: