I opted for the 12"x12" 20-page hard cover book from Printerpix.com via Livingsocial.com. Here's the broken down review in pros, cons, and pics.
- Quality of the hard cover and gloss internal pages are quality. Texturally and visually, they absorbed the ink properly.
- They offer an online book building layout interface which is fairly intuitive compared to other sites in the same vein.
- Their website makes it easy to find products, pay, and go back to customize your item for print immediately or later on.
- *The big one* - customer services was dreadful. My order was canceled in production and delayed for almost 2 months, but when I emailed their customer service (because it disconnected when I called them), I got no reply until after my shipment was received -- and then I got 10 emails from them saying they sent it.
- *Close to the big one* - all prints were tinted green. I do mean every photo. Mind you, I was pulling photos from several different places so it can't be a source problem. Also, I've shipped those same photos out to be printed on different materials from different print houses without issue.
- User interface has very limited font choices, so if you want custom fonts, you're going to have to lay the type out on your computer, export as an image, then upload.
- Some photos were blurry. It almost looks like the paper shifted midway through printing on some pages.
- Shipping was crazy expensive -- $20 for the book.